Life cycle assessment with SimaPro
Life cycle assessment (LCA) is a well-established methodology to measure a product’s impact on the environment throughout its entire life. It can demonstrate your commitment to sustainability and helps to make data-driven decisions that positively impact the environment. To ensure the credibility of life cycle assessment results, it is vital to use robust and reliable LCA software.
The main thing you need in LCA software is excellent performance and reliability in doing LCAs. You are always looking for the best ways to analyze the hotspots and opportunities in the life cycles of your products and company, and for the most accurate, transparent results. However, the choice of the right software is not always easy. SimaPro offers you the features you need to conduct comprehensive LCA studies: efficiency, flexibility, and transparency.
High-quality LCA studies
The challenge in doing LCAs is staying up to date with the latest data while still completing your study on time. SimaPro helps you keep up with the constantly growing data coverage. The software was designed to help you perform high-quality LCAs:
- Test how sensitive your model is to input data and assumptions by creating scenarios with different parameters.
- Create calculation setups and analysis groups to interpret your results better and easier.
- Use Monte Carlo uncertainty analyses to measure data uncertainty.
- Get access to the most recent and up-to-date environmental databases, like ecoinvent, Agri-footprint, or AGRIBALYSE, with different allocation choices and system models.
- Use the most up-to-date impact assessment methods, like ReCiPe, the Environmental Footprint Method (EF), or single-issue methods (like Aware, IPCC, or USEtox).
- Perform studies like product carbon footprint, water footprint, and others. Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) and Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) studies are also possible with SimaPro.
- Create your own impact assessment method, including new substances or normalization and weighting sets.
Collaborate with any team
SimaPro’s multi-user feature allows you to collaborate with your colleagues on the same LCA project simultaneously. This means you can benefit from everyone’s expertise and make informed decisions.
Communicating results with stakeholders has also become much easier with the SimaPro online modules. SimaPro Collect, Share and Explore are specifically designed to make it easier for non-LCA experts to understand and contribute.
- Collaborate with co-workers. Work together across teams on one project simultaneously.
- Empower non-LCA experts. Let non-LCA experts view, vary and assess product scenarios, giving them immediate feedback about the impact of their decision.
- Streamline the process. Collect data from clients or suppliers quickly and efficiently.
In addition to a plurality of user-friendly functions, e.g. units handling, uncertainty analysis, waste scenarios, the unique selling point of SimaPro compared to other LCA software tools is its handling of parameters. Combined with a robust database, parameter modeling enables screening and full LCAs with high credibility.
Dr. Anders S.G. Andrae
Senior Expert of LCA at Huawei Technologies
Transparency at its core
With full transparency of data and models, SimaPro enables you to make informed decisions without hidden assumptions. You get access to highly accurate, advanced calculations and get to see all information about databases, unit processes, networks, and so on.
This level of transparency has made SimaPro a reliable LCA software around the world, and a trusted leader in the market for more than 30 years. We’ve also contributed to major research and policy developments, pioneering in the sustainability industry. This makes SimaPro one of the best tools of choice to create ISO-compliant LCAs, EPDs, and reports.
Find the right plan for you
Whether you need advanced features for a full ISO-compliant LCA study or just the essentials for teaching the fundamentals of the LCA methodology, we’ve got the product for you. Discover all SimaPro plans or go to our Product finder to find the right fit.